[Qgis-user] Using/visualizing 3D data (Z values)

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Dec 5 03:02:44 PST 2011

Hi Paul

Unfortunately, the current geometry system does not handle z- and
m-values in a sound way.
Some tools consider z and others don't. M-values are even more difficult
as they cannot be accessed by the QGIS API (z-coordinates can be read by
parsing the binary format of the geometry).

An overhaul of the geometry system is planned for version 2.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&   Open Source Solutions