[Qgis-user] Newbie question - importing data in different formats

Roy Marsh roymarsh11 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:43:11 PST 2011

A very basic question I know, but I am getting frustrated at not being able
to import data from various sources, even in formats that the user manual
says are OK - e.g. with extensions GRD (GDAL) and E00

Is there a way to work around this? Alternatively, is there a (free or
cheap) data translator that will do the job for me?

The datasets I am, working with are sub-Saharan Africa, specifically
Mozambique.

Thanks

Roy