[Qgis-user] Re: Install QGIS server on Ubuntu

Daniel.Gnerre at vevey.ch Daniel.Gnerre at vevey.ch
Tue Dec 13 07:30:47 PST 2011

Hello,

I finally installed qgis-mapserver using Ubuntu "Package Manager" and
Natty version instead of Oneiric...

Now I've set up a WMS service :
- Configured Apache with a scriptalias : http://localhost/qgis/ points on
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi
- Created a small qgs project /home/gnerred/qgis/test.qgs containing one
shapefile /home/data/cadastre/cs_batiments.shp
- The GetCapabilities responds well :O) !
- But when I try to see the map result opening the WMS service in QGIS, I
get a blank map... and no getmap request is logged in Apache logs, only
the getcapabilities requests are logged. I use the URL
http://localhost/qgis/qgis_mapserver.fcgi?MAP=/home/gnerred/qgis/test.qgs

Any idea of the problem ? I think I'm not so far !

Thanks a lot !

Daniel