[Qgis-user] new xytools plugin: now open and save simple Excel files

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Dec 15 23:55:46 PST 2011

On 2011-12-15 23:24, Filipe Silva Dias wrote:
> But was wondering if there was a way to prevent Excel from doing this.
> The equivalent function in Xtools Pro (ArcGIS) exports the data to Excel
> "as they are" with no need to convert characters into numbers.

Hi Filipe,

the xlrd lib has the possibility to set the format of the cell. So I
could do that for every cell by checking if I have a number or so...
Please add it as a feature in the issue list. We can add it later.

> I forgot to mention before: if Richard hadnt introduced the plugin and
> its functionality in this list, I would never have guessed from the name
> of plugin, that it included the function "export table to excel".

The plugin just started as a dedicated 'click in map and get
xy'-plugin.... And it was just easier to add this to this plugin
(because it shared the 'choosing of a x-y-column etc).

I added a tag 'excel' in the new infrastructure so hopefully people will
find it...

Regards,

Richard