[Qgis-user] new xytools plugin: now open and save simple Excel files

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 16 00:05:49 PST 2011

On 2011-12-16 08:43, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Thanks Richard. I do not especially like the idea of promoting (making easier to use)
> excel over free and open source alternatives. Would it be possible to add support for
> LibreOffice?

Yeah, I know but I see xls-files like dbf and shp files more or less a
defacto historical standard...
So it's just as an exchange format between qgis and libreoffice calc.

If someone points me to a lib which makes it possible to read and write
ods-files (==libreoffice/openoffice calc files). I'll be happy to add
this too!

Regards,

Richard

DISCLAIMER: with making this plugin I do NOT encourage you to buy Excel.
Please use LibreOffice !!! :-)