FW: [Qgis-user] problems with layers from one source

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Sun Dec 18 03:31:23 PST 2011

Two things to keep in mind:

- When the option "Settings>Options>CRS>Coordinate reference system for new layers" is set to "Use project CRS" or "Use default CRS...", any layers you add which don't come with CRS information will _look in QGIS_ like they have the same CRS... except that they won't all show up in the same place on the map.

- In at least some recent versions of QGIS (and perhaps depending on the render caching setting or something), when you change the CRS of a layer the map is not automatically refreshed.  You need to do something to force it to be refreshed - zoom or pan slightly, or add a layer or something.  (And of course the layers will stay in the same location if you do not have 'on the fly' reprojection enabled in the project properties... which is different from enabling it by default for new projects).

Alister