[Qgis-user] files dwg in QGIS

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Dec 19 12:39:41 PST 2011

Le lundi 19 décembre 2011 21:28:39, Andreas Neumann a écrit :
> I haven't looked at OpenDWG lately - but last time i checked it was a
> rather complicated task to get access to the library. And the license
> would not be compatible with distribution as GPL (such as QGIS). It
> would lead to the situation where some QGIS could open/write DWG (the
> ones who registered and compiled against their library), but the
> majority of the QGIS user wouldn't have access to it.
>
> Or did something change in this respect?

I don't think so. It is also my impression you must be member of the club,
which is not so "open" ;-)

I remember to have chatted a bit with Frank why he didn't choose to leverage
the driver on LibreDWG ( http://www.gnu.org/s/libredwg/ ), but AFAIR his
customer didn't believe the latter to be stable/full-featured enough for his
purpose. There's an experimental import module in GRASS that relies on
LibreDWG ( https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-
addons/grass6/vector/v.in.redwg/v.in.redwg.html )