[Qgis-user] Re: QGIS File Browser1.1: no raster layers listed

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 00:04:22 PST 2011

You are right, I probably went too fast. But my error has unveiled another
problem. The
name of my ecw file includes a "ç" (c,), like in "Françoise". If I select
the file with your plugin I
get the following error:
An error has occured while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/alobo/.qgis/python/plugins/QGISFileBrowser/qgisfilebrowserdialog.py",
line 156, in itemClicked
    if os.path.isdir(filepath):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/genericpath.py", line 41, in isdir
    st = os.stat(s)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe7 in position 121:
ordinal not in range(128)

This also happens with a jpg file and is solved by renaming the "ç" to "c"
in both cases.

Regarding *.sid files, you see them if the filter is set to *.sid, but not
if the filter is set to
"All raster files" or "All supported files"

Agus