[Qgis-user] printing with google layers

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Thu Feb 10 04:39:09 PST 2011

Dnia czwartek 10 lutego 2011 o 12:31:36 maning sambale napisaƂ(a):
> Nice! This one works even in the map composer.

The main problem is rescaling.

There's no simple way (yet) to restrict scale set to meet the tile scales. For
display, you just see ugly rescaled image, what can be simply avoided - just
do "zoom to best scale" (1pix=1pix) in the legend mouse menu and then only
zoom with mouse wheel or +/- tools to keep always the 2x factor. This way you
always fit into tile scale without rescaling.

I haven't performed serious pritnting tests, but I expect one more problem:
print resolution probably forces downloading tiles for greater or less zoom,
as gdal consider TMS as a pyramid. You can try to fix it by setting the zoom
level for the pyramid basis in <TileLevel> xml tag.

> But I get transparent
> salt and pepper effect for for very dark pixels.

Maybe it's an 8bit -> RGB conversion issue?