[Qgis-user] relative paths of texture fill images

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Tue Feb 15 07:42:10 PST 2011

I found an inconsistency with styles that contain relative oaths to texture
fill images.  I have a polygon shapefile that uses png images as texture
fills.  In my style file (.qml), if the path to the image file is relative
(<texturepath>./fill.png</texturepath>), then that texture fill is NOT found
and left blank.  If the path is absolute
(<texturepath>C:\data\images\peg.png</texturepath>), then it displays
fine.   I also tried variants of the paths, such as simply fill.ong or
.\fill.png.

However, when opening a QGIS project file (.qgs) with the style included, it
doesn't matter if it's relative or absolute.  The texture fill images
display fine either way.

- John