[Qgis-user] Change postgis layer datasource

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 03:24:33 PST 2011

Hi, Giuseppe

>>I'm trying to change the datasource of a postgis layer created with RT SQL, I mean, I want to make changes in the query after >>the layer is created.

>BTW, why would you change that value after  the layer is created?
>If you have a valid reason or you think this should be the right behavior,
>file a ticket on trac.

For me, I'am using this way to display a label with three lines, containing the point name and its x,y coordinates, here is the query:
SELECT
"t_0"."ogc_fid",
"t_0"."wkb_geometry",
'Ponto '||"t_0"."ponto" ||'\n'||
'x='||CAST(ROUND(CAST(ST_X("t_0"."wkb_geometry") as numeric),0) as varchar) ||'\n'||
'y='||CAST(ROUND(CAST(ST_Y("t_0"."wkb_geometry") as numeric),0) as varchar)
FROM "elektro"."pontos_arvores" AS "t_0"
But I want to make changes, like, add another line with more info, or change the word 'Ponto' to uppercase.To do that, I create another layer and delete the old one.
For now, it's the only way?
Regards.
Pablo.