[Qgis-user] Send us your tips!

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 22 02:48:06 PST 2011

 Hi Pedro,

 For scale you can place a scalebar and then select style "Numeric". The
 only issue I see is that you can't select a text-alignment. Currently,
 it is always left aligned. A future version should also support center
 and right aligned scalebars/scale values.

 I know - it is a bit confusing that you have to select a scalebar for a
 numeric scale values - that's why we should probably also do a tip on
 that.

 Tim - here is another tip:

 -----------------
 Title: Numeric scale value in map layout linked to map frame
 Content: If you want to place a text label as a placeholder for the
 current scale, linked to a map frame, you need to place a scalebar and
 set the style to 'Numeric'. You need to select the map frame, if there
 is more than one.
 -----------------

 Andreas

 On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 02:07:15 -0800 (PST), Pedro Venâncio wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> This tip is great!
>
>  Is there any hint of its kind for the scale?
>
>  Thanks!
> Pedro Venancio
>
> --- On MON, 2/21/11, ANDREAS NEUMANN __ wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim
>>
>> Where should people who are not developers send the tips to? To you?
>>
>> Here is one contribution:
>>
>> --------------
>> Title: Add the current date to a map layout
>> Content: You can add a current date variable to your map layout.
>> Create a regular text label and add the string
>> $CURRENT_DATE(yyyy-MM-dd) to the text box. See the
>> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qdate.html#toString
>> [1]">QDate::toString format documentation for the possible date
>> formats.
>>
>> Andreas
>

> Links:
> ------