[Qgis-user] manifold and qgis comparison

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Thu Feb 24 01:46:04 PST 2011

> Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 17:24:56 +0800
> From: maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Qgis-user] manifold and qgis comparison
> To: qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Dear everyone especially former/existing manifold users also QGIS, :)
>
> I have a colleague who is trying to convince some manifold users to
> explore QGIS as an alternative.  As we are not Manifold users, I would
> like to ask here what's the major features of Manifold that QGIS
> cannot do at the moment or in an opposite manner, what QGIS features
> that can easily replace Manifold features.
>
> We would like to demonstrate  that they can continue using Manifold
> but at the same time, use QGIS to complement the expansion of GIS
> users within the organization.
>
> Advance thank you for any of your thoughts.
> --
> cheers,
> maning

This wouldn't be addressing quite the same issue, but it might be handy
produce a QGIS companion document to "How do I do that in
ArcGIS/Manifold:
illustrating classic GIS tasks", which was produced at Cornell
University.

It might take someone with a lot of time on their hands... or maybe it
would be a good exercise for some students (that's how the original
document was produced).

Regards,
Alister