[Qgis-user] Design features using copy and paste from Line to Poly

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:38:55 PST 2011

Hi,

I have a poligonal layer and must draw new polygon copy-ing some linear
segments from another layer (linear layer).

My goal is copy the interesting segments, from the linear layer, needed to
describe the polygon and after this complete the polygon adding manually the
eventually little segments needed to complete the polygon.

I try using copy/paste in qgis trunk version.
But notice qgis some strange situation.

Infact.
I put in editing the polygonal layer, and try to copy from the linear to the
polygon.
Seems that qgis allow this action, but don't the line.
Perhaps because it is not a a truly polygon.
But after to paste the line in the poligonal layer i cannot to complete the
polygon because I don't see it and are not able to complete it qith the
tools of qgis. I would need to add some segments to complete the polygon
before to commit it.

There is some plugin that allow an user to copy segments from another layer
and complete they before to commit all to the destination layer ?

Thx,

--
Andrea Peri