[Qgis-user] Composed Key: More details

Joaquim Condeça vasques.condeca at arhalentejo.pt
Thu Jan 20 01:46:59 PST 2011

Dear friends

I have more details to better explain my problem (composed key):

A composed Primary Key is a key composed by two (or more) columns.

I'll try to explain with an exanple:

I have a country with different regions and sub-regions. Sometimes, these
regions are changed. The geometry is different everytime I have a new
version.

The PK for one region is the column with the RegionID and the version ID.

Region (PK) (not unique)

Version (PK) (not unique)

Description

the_geom

Any subregion must connect to the region, considering both columns as PK,
the region and the version. Somewhere in time that subregion was linked to
one region and then moved to another region and I must keep track of those
changes.

With this scenario, I can't connect this table to QGIS.

Best Regards

Joaquim