[Qgis-user] How to Identify the best subdataset of a dataset of points which follow a canonical distribution ?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Jan 25 03:52:34 PST 2011

Hi Nikos,

I think this would be a perfect question for gis.stackexchange.com

A manual approach (135 stations is not that much) would be to decide on a
maximum distance between stations (depends on your analysis requirements I
guess) and then buffer the station points accordingly. You can then manually
remove points with redundant/overlapping geographic coverage.

But I'm sure there are better solutions :)

Best wishes,
Anita