[Qgis-user] Displaying raster - what does 'freak out' actually mean?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jan 26 10:00:59 PST 2011

On 01/26/2011 08:40 AM, LeventB wrote:

> Hi everyone!
> The title says it all. I searched the mailing-lists, qgis.org and the
> manual, but i really don't get what the “freak-out” option in the raster
> layer properties actually does.
>
> Does it calculate a color-table, randomly assigning one distinct color to
> certain intervals of raster values, similar to “unique value” in vector
> symbolization?
> Or is there something different behind it?
>
> Would be great to know!
> Thank you,
> Levent

It's a color ramp of fairly psychedelic colors, so yes it assigns colors
to your raster value groupings depending on your settings.
I wouldn't use that color ramp for much other than making a point that
you have varying data, and it's probably not good to show other people
except for a good laugh.

Thanks,
Alex