[Qgis-user] SVG symbols and conversion to PDF

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 27 23:54:50 PST 2011

 Hi,

 see
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/painting.html#StrokeProperties
 and
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/painting.html#SpecifyingPaint

 Initial value of stroke: "none"

 So yes, it is a bug in qt.

 Also, it is not a bug in the SVG library (rendering from SVG to raster
 works fine), but only in the combination SVG->PDF.

 I don't know if it has been reported. Can someone check who is more
 familiar with qt-bug reporting?

 Also I didn't check if this has been fixed in qt 4.7. I only have qt
 4.6 on my Linux and qt 4.5 on Windows. Can someone check who has qt 4.7?

 Thanks,
 Andreas

 On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:39:37 +0100, Werner Macho wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am 28.01.2011 08:34, schrieb Andreas Neumann:
>> 2. There is a major bug in the SVG->PDF conversion of SVG point
>> symbols
>> in the new symbology, due to a bug in the underlying qt-classes:
>
> Is this a thing that people at nokia are already aware of?
> Is it really a bug or did they design it that way?
> Anyone already written a bug report on qt?
>
> Would be nice to get that fixed by Qt
>
> regards
> Werner

 Andreas Neumann