[Qgis-user] Qgis Trunk - OpenSuse 11.3‏

cyril coeurjoly coeurjolycyril at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 28 03:08:05 PST 2011

Hi everyone
The title says it all. I searched on the web, but could not find some solution
to build Qgis trunk
on an OpenSuse 11.3.
The error message is:
[ 92%] Generating ui_qgsplugininstallerbase.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyQt4/uic/pyuic.py", line 4, in
<module>
    from PyQt4 import QtCore
RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 but the PyQt4.QtCore module
requires API v7.1
make[2]: *** [python/plugins/plugin_installer/ui_qgsplugininstallerbase.py]
Erreur 1
make[1]: *** [python/plugins/plugin_installer/CMakeFiles/pluginstaller.dir/all]
Erreur 2
make: *** [all] Erreur 2
A rpm -qa |grep sip on my system gives the following result:
python-sip-4.10.2-1.3.i586
python-sip-devel-4.10.2-1.3.i586
If I'm understanding the error message, i have to build the sip module from
source ?? wich version should i

download and use??
Then how can I compile Qgis including this package? If it is the solution?
Sorry for my poor english but I would be very interested to build this version
of qgis.
Have a nice day.

Thanks

Cyrille