QTCore4.dll Error (was Re: [Qgis-user] bug)

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Fri Jan 28 07:53:53 PST 2011

On 01/28/2011 08:34 AM, Sam Vekemans wrote:

> Probably the reminence of when i attemped to install 'Qt Operating
> system' .... so leftovers that have gone stale....
>

> Perhaps i need to wipe my system and re-install windows back to
> factory settings.
> .... can others confirm that qgis 1.6 works fine on windowsXP? ... i
> assume so. So it MUST be in my computer that has the bug.

I've installed QGIS on several dozen WinXP computers. The only case
where I had to do something "unusual" was on WinXP pre SP2. In these
cases I added the MS Visual C++ redistributable package from:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en>

Have a look at this forum post:
http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4812&p=8261&hilit=redistributable#p8261
<http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4812&p=8261&hilit=redistributable#p8261>

Other than that, it most certainly works... I think cleaning out traces
of older QT installations would probably help. (If you don't need that
software anymore)

--
Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918