[Qgis-user] table data use

Lee muellerl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 05:56:48 PDT 2011

Chuck,

How is this record set up? I imagine you have an attribute table for your
geodata, and a separate table that has the information you want. Is there a
common field between the two tables? Perhaps parcel ID or address?

I think what you need is "table join".
http://underdark.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/table-joins-a-new-feature-in-qgis-1-7/

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Chuck Young <wylie1066 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering how I can use data in a table that is not geo data but is
> part of the record.
>
> For instance:  I have a property parcel shape file that shows the
> boundaries etc but I want to be able to display the ownership info, Address
> data, acreage, survey / Plat ID etc., Section Township and Range, etc.
>
> I am sure this is available in Qgis but I don't understand how to do it at
> present.  The data exists in separate tables within a Spatialite db.  IE:
> Parcels table, Ownership table, and propData table.  The auxilliary tables
> have ID fields to link them to the parcel table.
>
> Thanks for any help and instruction.
>
> Chuck

all the best,
Lee