[Qgis-user] Rasters with multiple attribute columns

Kurt Menke kurt at birdseyeviewgis.com
Fri Jul 1 08:08:21 PDT 2011

I have a vegetation raster (*.img) that has several attribute columns, one
with the vegetation name, one for burn severity etc. However, when I bring
it into QGIS all I can symbolize it by is the VALUE field. I don't get an
option to open up the attribute table or symbolize by another field. Is
there a particular format the raster needs to be in to utilize multiple
attribute columns and to have a viewable table?  Or is this capability just
not there yet.

Kurt

Kurt Menke, GISP

Bird's Eye View