[Qgis-user] file ecw and mrsid in ubuntu doesn't work

Lee muellerl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:09:14 PDT 2011

I did this successfully again today on a fresh install. For ECW the
following method has worked for me:

   1. open terminal
         2.

         sudo wget
         http://de-mirror.org/distro/gentoo/distfiles/libecwj2-3.3-2006-09-06.zip
         3.

         unzip libecwj2-3.3-2006-09-06.zip
         4.

         cd libecwj2-3.3
         5.

         ./configure
         6.

         make
         7.

         sudo make install
         8.

         sudo gdal-ecw-build /usr/local/ (This step may differ depending on
         your file system)
         9.

         sudo ldconfig
         10.

         gdalinfo –formats | grep -i ecw

Make sure in the last step the output shows. If it does not, the install
failed.

I still have yet to successfully incorporate MrSID support. If you manage
it, please let me know.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at gmail.com>wrote:

> you need the SDKs from erdas and lizardtech
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --
>
> On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 18:24 +0800, ahmad jauhari wrote:
> > dear all,
> >
> > i have installed gdal-ecw-src and gdal-mrsid-src, but qgis program can
> > not access the file .ecw and file mrSID,  anyone can help me. thanks.

all the best,
Lee