[Qgis-user] Linking objects

darryl at surcal.co.za darryl at surcal.co.za
Tue Jul 5 09:25:20 PDT 2011

Hi,

I wanted to know if it was possible to embed one gis object inside another. For example, I work with properties. These are polygons which are essentially made up of survey lines with certain attributes. These lines themselves are made up of points which to have their own attributes.

I would like to pull these attributes of the underlying objects when composing a map. For example i would choose the property and would like to see see a table of the lines' distance and direction and get the coords of the points defining the lines, with their descriptions.

I suppose i could link these in the database as attributes - or is there another way?

Thanks,
Darryl