[Qgis-user] help drawing arcs(curves)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 6 07:51:41 PDT 2011

 Hi,

 This is not possible currently. QGIS only supports the Simple Features
 Geometry.

 The CAD tools plugin can help to draw arcs, but since QGIS cannot store
 and edit them, the CAD tool will segmentize the arcs and calculate a lot
 of vertices.

 If this is acceptable to you, you can use the CAD tools. Otherwise, you
 have to wait until arcs are supported in QGIS (no concrete plans yet).

 Andreas

 On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 07:45:55 -0700, vinayan mp wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I am a new Qgis user..i have gone through the entire user manual..i
> have not seen how to draw curves while creating lines or
> polygons..help will be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Vinayan

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A