[Qgis-user] Modifing the type of an attribute in a shp table

s.lazarescu stanca.lazarescu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 12:30:19 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I've encountered a small problem while building the table of a shapefile,
that contains around 90 attributes. It has to do with the type of the
attributes that cannot be modified once the table created. I realized that
for one of the attributes, the type of data I chose is not the correct one,
and so no data can be introduced.

I'm looking for a solution which would allow me to modify the type of this
only attribute, without having to start all over again.

Since the attribute is followed by only several other attributes, I had the
idea to delete all the attributes together with the "ill" one and to add
them again, this time giving it the correct type. But the "delete attribute"
button is not active .

I am thanking you for your advice.

Stanca