[Qgis-user] use raster + GCP points + ?? as data

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jul 11 22:30:14 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have these pile of scanned old maps and can georeference them with the
good working georeferencer plugin in qgis.

But do NOT want to really warp the image. Why should we want to store
TWO huge rasters, maybe loosing 'data' contained in the 'original'?

So my question: is it possible (for Qgis, but preferebly also with other
tools (wms's) to load data from the original raster, probably
accompanied with a txt file with GCP points (or maybe some other format
containing both gcp points and projection/transformation information)?

Is there some 'common' way for the the world of gis?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Richard Duivenvoorde