[Qgis-user] install qgis server on RHEL?

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Wed Jul 20 02:06:06 PDT 2011

Dear Richard!

Use the ELGIS repository for QGIS 1.6 or rebuild the Fedora package for QGIS
1.7.

http://elgis.argeo.org/

The best solution is to rebuild with "mock". Mock spares you from installing
development packages on your host and you can also build packages for other
distribution or versions, e. g. RHEL 5.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock

$ mock --rebuild -r epel-6-x86_64 <your_srpm>

Quick and dirty rebuild:

- Install rpm-build
(You may have to create the build tree directory structure with rpmdev-
setuptree, or something).
- Download the SRPM
- # yum-builddep <your_srpm>
- $ rpmbuild --rebuild <your_srpm>

Instructions and a sample configuration for QGIS-Server are included in the
Fedora package "qgis-mapserver".

Locate the documentation after installing by: $ rpm -qd qgis-mapserver

Volker