[Qgis-user] Multiple geometries in an import file

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Thu Jul 21 08:54:48 PDT 2011

On 2011/07/21 15:51, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 21/07/2011 14:45, Zoltan Szecsei ha scritto:
>
>> There's nothing to beat a topologically correct database. (Yes, I know I'm selling
>> snow to Eskimos :-) )
>>
>> Is "currently" on the cards to soon become "we no longer" ?
> Sure: use GRASS (available also as a QGIS plugin). Grass vectors are intrinsically
> topological.
> All the best.
Nice. Thanks for the heads-up.
I know nothing of the history of QGis, but I am a little surprised at
the lack of topology in a modern, still being heavily developed, package.
Is QGis trying to be (or did it start out as) a free ArcView?

So far all I've used QGis for is a data viewer before delivering data
from my GIS to a client GIS - we are now delivering to GeoMedia from our
system via TAB, and have hit this problem.

Regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za