[Qgis-user] How do display xyz data as shaded raster?

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:36:38 PDT 2011

Hi fellow qgis-users,
I'm sure there is a way to do this but I can't figure it out, it's
been bugging me for some time.
I've got a text/ascii file with xyz data exported from another
application. It's basically the cooords of a point and the depth to
each point, it's been gridded and the points are in a grid.
I can get the points to load and display as dots/symbols and I can
even shade them according to value but ideally I want it to display as
a continuous image and I can't find a way to do this in qgis.
I'd also like to be able to do this with the data from the SRTM plugin.

Thanks
Matt