[Qgis-user] QGIS -> MySQL -> Mapserver ??

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 06:50:37 PDT 2011

Saber

Ogrinfo -summary on the MySQL table as saved by QGIS says:

Layer name:	 geom_test
Geometry: Unknown (any)
Feature Count: 0
Layer SRS WKT:
(unknown)
FID Column = id
Geometry Column = Geometry

Ogrinfo -summary on the table after running SELECT AsWKB(Geometry) says:

Layer name:	 geom_test_converted
Geometry: Unknown (any)
Feature Count: 34
Layer SRS WKT:
(unknown)
FID Column = id
Geometry Column = Geometry

There is no projection in the layer, QGIS seems to assume that it is lat/lon
and then reprojects it to 900913, which is what I am using overall.

Maybe the lack of projection in the data is confusing OGR....but I'm not
sure that if I apply projection to the layer via QGIS, it will get saved as
part of the MySQL data??

Chris