[Qgis-user] GPS + QGIS

Pedro Jorge de Sousa Ferreira pedrof at utad.pt
Thu Jul 28 03:58:06 PDT 2011

Hello,
Here, at my office, we've acquired a small nettop (ASUS EEE PC) with Windows
7. I have already installed QGIS 1.7 to use the "Real Time GPS Tracking"
tool. I have a small Bluetooth antenna which connects
with the laptop. The problem is QGIS doesn't connect with the antenna. To
test if the problem could be addressed to the Serial Door,  I installed the
ArcPad software and it recognizes the connection, returning me the GPS
positioning. I've done one more test, this time I paired the antenna with
another laptop (mine - a Toshiba), also with Win7 and QGIS 1.7... and the
"Real Time GPS Tracking" works... strange thing, is it not? I did not
performed any sort of configuration on my laptop. Just paired the antenna
and made ​​the connection.
Is there any step, configurations or any changes to the properties of the
nettop Windows or QGIS so I may work with the "Real Time GPS Tracking" tool?
Thanks

-----
Cumprimentos,
Pedro Ferreira