[Qgis-user] Beginner: scanned and georeferenced map looks stretched

Magnus Ekhall magnus.ekhall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:32:06 PDT 2011

I've tried that by going to Settings -> Project Settings and switching
to SWEREF99 there (immediate coordinate transformation box is ticked).

But nothing happens at all which is surprising.

When I look at the paper map I can see that indeed the SWEREF99
coordinates are square, but the WGS84 are stretched vertically.

Am I doing something wrong with the reprojection?

Regards,
Magnus