[Qgis-user] Print Composer vectoring texts

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Tue Jun 7 01:21:01 PDT 2011

Hi,

Following up on earlier messages about unwanted rasterizing by the Print
Composer, as well as the question "what is missing in the Print Composer",
I recently found another, similar problem:

When using the new labelling engine, text is changed into vector paths.
Using the old labeling, and SVG output from the print composer, I ended up
with SVG text elements, and therefore text that is still editable (eg in
Illustrator), fonts can be changed, etc. Using the new engine, no matter
what settings I use, the text is beautifully placed, but useless for
further editing because its turned into paths. BTW, the PDF output has the
same problem, but that was already the case with the old labelling engine
also...

This is dissapointing, as the new labelling engine is so much better (and
I suppose you are planning to dismiss the old one in the future anyway),
but losing the editability is a real pain...

I am using QGIS 1.7 on a MacOSX Snow Leopard installation.

Yours,

--
Barend Köbben (Senior Lecturer)
ITC - University of Twente, Faculty of Geo-Information