[Qgis-user] FW: Esri File Geodatabase API Is Now Available

Spencer Gardner spgardner at HNTB.com
Tue Jun 7 13:49:50 PDT 2011

That's the kind of scenario that I'm interested in. I don't care so much whether I can make extensive use of .gdb in QGIS, but it would be nice to have some way to convert a .gdb to a useable format for those cases where I can't control the format of the data that I'm receiving.

Spencer

>I think they are targeting service based applications that need to
>translate data for other uses, and given the low numbers of Mac servers
>out there I'm not surprised. They also stuck to their officially
>supported platforms which in the case of linux is actually only Redhat
>and SUSE. The same platforms you can run their other products on.
>
>One interesting idea would be if someone setup a website that takes the
>upload of a gdb and then offers the download of it's content in more
>open formats.
>
>Thanks,
>Alex
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed.

If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.