[Qgis-user] System closes down whenever I hit "Start Georef"

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 06:18:59 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Still trying to get some clarity for myself, but it would appear that
every time I hit "Start Georeferencing" in the georef package
"something" happpens.....

1. I start QGIS, load a .qgs project file (scanned 1:50000 map of
Luxembourg)
2. I start Georef from the "Plugins" tab,
3. I load the .jpg map into georef (It brings in the map + the 9 points
I defined + the table of GCPs)
4) I hit "Start Georef" & everything vanishes from the screen, & ABRT
comes up to tell me:

Package:    	qgis-1.6.0-3.fc14.1
Latest Crash:	Wed 08 Jun 2011 03:07:11 PM
Command:    	/usr/bin/qgis
Reason:     	Process /usr/bin/qgis was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)
Comment:    	None
Bug Reports:

Whilst I recognise I might well be doing something wrong, should QGIS
really bomb out like this?

If it is a bug, where/how should I report it??????

Thanks

Dave