[Qgis-user] Composer with deg min sec and utm coordinat unit

Ramon Andinach custard at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 18 03:10:21 PDT 2011

On 17/06/2011, at 20:23 , herman buol wrote:

> How to change the unit coordinat by default degrees unit to dms or utm unit coordinat if i want print at paper
> Thanks
> Lover qgis
> 10.6.6
> Macbook pro 15“
> indonesia
> Sulteng
> Buol

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the composer uses the coordinate system that your map window is in. So if you have your map is set to WGS you get degrees, but if it is set to UTM zone 50 (or which ever is appropriate) then you get meters.

So, if you want the composer to use UTM units, you need to make the map use UTM units. You can use the "on-the-fly" option to to reproject the map window into UTM.

 Two important notes:
1. You'll need to reorganise your map, so *save* your original project *first* (e.g. MyProject). The same your project as something else (e.g. MyProjectUTM).
3. 1.6 will only reproject vector layers. 1.7 (due any time now) is able to do both vectors and rasters.

I can not help with using DMS in the composer.

-ramon.