[Qgis-user] Re: does open layers distribute my own layers?

cubarro cubarro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 02:28:42 PDT 2011

Hi, Alister.

Andreas fully answered my question, but as you say, the complexity on copy
rights is deeper than placing a logo.

Yes, I am not making commercial maps, if so, then I should pay the sources
of my work.  I am using OL only for placing myself working with other
sources of remote sensing data.

If I would work making commercial maps, then the three main sources of data
in Open Layers (OL) should be considered as sources and in that case, they
should share the profit of the products.

Then, I think from the broader to the most restrictive license I would
consider OpenStreetMap, Yahoo and Google at the end.

I think only lawyers can read both three licenses, understand all the scopes
and spirit of that, and bring some clarifications about the use and the
duties of users.  But if they are that easy to use like turning on and off,
then, it would be aloud for us to reference approximated maps flyers of our
work.

If the duties of users are deeper, then I would uninstall the extension from
my Qgis.

Regards

Lopez