[Qgis-user] Problem reprojecting a SHP

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 04:59:40 PDT 2011

one of the more spatially aware Northern hemisphere people may
contradict me but.. if you look at..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Datum_Shift_Between_NAD27_and_NAD83.png
the amount of shift your seeing looks suspiciously in the range of the
difference between NAD27 and NAD83, are you positive your input data
are in NAD27 and that your using the correct translations through the
process?

Your use of "UTM WGS 84" doesn't seem correct. UTM implies an XY
coordinate system over a piece of the WGS84 spheroid and you need to
specify a zone as well.

good luck