[Qgis-user] how to display polygons from qgis in google earth?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue May 10 08:50:30 PDT 2011

Hi,

your shape is missing the .prj file, so depending on how your QGIS
settings (options-> CRS) are configured, this shape will be loaded with
the right or -more probably- wrong reference system.

If you don't have changed anything in options->CRS then the shape will
be given the WGS84 CRS, that is wrong.

You can fix this in several ways:

-) manually giving your CRS (EPSG 27700) to the vector in its properties
-) changing how QGIS behave in options->CRS
-) fixing the shape by creating the .prj file. You can do it by using
the tool vector->data management->define current projection

After that it all shows at the right place...

cheers

-- Giovanni --