[Qgis-user] Python Code to Clip Vector layers

DelphineJB del_cadarn at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 16:06:36 PDT 2011

I am new to Python programming and relatively new to QGIS. So beware my
question is ridiculously simple but for some reason I have been turning in
circles on the web and on QGIS for more than a day now trying to find an
answer.

So I am looking for the Python Code to clip Vector Layers

I know how to clip vector layers using the plugins available on the
software.
But what I am looking for is the python code which will enable me to clip
vector layers out of another vector polygon (all in shapefile).
- I am trying to document the process of a specific GIS analysis so that it
can be repeatable, python code seemed the best solution following my
employer's opinion -

I have looked on the web for a simple piece of code, I have explored dir()
of both ftools and gdal, but nothing seems to jump out despite that I know
fine well that it must be somewhere.

Could anyone suggest me a code or at the very least where to look?

           Thank you,

                       Delphine

-----
And a happy non-birthday to you, said the Mad Hatter