[Qgis-user] Re: Export shapefiles to kml

SAnderka anderka at gmx.de
Wed May 18 05:27:44 PDT 2011

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

> at first I suspected that the problem was because of a new version of
> google earth, then I tested also GE 5 (under Windows Seven and QGis
> trunk) and the plugin seems really to not work anymore.

I just tried creating a kml from a polygon shapefile using right-click -->
"save as" (using Win XP and QGIS 1.6), and it did indeed create a working
kml-file - except there are only red boundaries, and all my categorized
fillings have been lost in the process. Clickable popups work, though.

Is that the plugin-problem you described (so I have to be patient), or is
there a workaround for this?

Regards,
Sebastian

PS: Hello all, this is my first post on the list :)