[Qgis-user] Google map in QGIS

Mayeul Kauffmann mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Sat May 21 11:53:07 PDT 2011

Hi,
There is a workaround, for the extent covered by the window only:
load the plugin and add one layer, epsg will be 900913.
In the file menu, chose Save as image (for instance png, there will be a
worldfile next to it).
Open your EPSG:4326. Enable on-the fly reprojection (not sure if you
need qgis 1.7 for this). Load your .png layer making sure you say this
new layer is 900913.
(I just tested it with png but I guess should work with any other
georeferenced raster).