[Qgis-user] printing scale of fill patterns to great

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 24 02:20:06 PDT 2011

 Hi Wolf,

 We need to know a bit more details to help you.

 In QGIS there are two types of patterns: SVG patterns or predefined
 patterns. They behave different. Which patterns are you using?

 Patterns are unfortunately still problematic. The predefined patterns
 don't print well, in fact the predefined patterns should be removed from
 QGIS in a future version. The SVG patterns print fine if you print to
 raster or to postscript. They don't print well if you export to PDF.
 This is a known bug in QT.

 As to scaling of SVG patterns: you can define the patterns in map units
 (in which case they scale with zooming) or in mm in which they stay in
 constant size, regardless of the zoom factor.

 Hope this helps?

 Andreas

 On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:02:28 +0200, Wolf-E. Altmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am using Qgis 1.6. I want to print a map using fill patterns. On
> the screen it looks ok, when i change the map scale, the scale of the
> fill patterns looks all the time the same. But when i print it, the
> fill pattern is very big. When i change the map scale, also the
> printed pattern changes. But nevertheless using the scales 1 : 5000
> or
> 1 : 10000 the pattern is very big.
> I tried it with various fill patterns, and the effect is the same.
>
> Can someone help me?
>
> Wolf
>
> (Sorry for my English)

 Andreas Neumann