[Qgis-user] Processing of Groundwater Databases with QGIS

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:18:37 PDT 2011

Hi Christine,
good to know you will contribute to that! I've never made R analysis
through the Qgis interface, so I can't help on that.
If you're considering kriging, as you said the two important aspects
are the specific field issues and methods (statistical reliability is
one of them, but physical and geometrical admissibility are of
preminent importance even rarely considered!), and the interface to
the tools to realize the analysis. The latter doesn't have a friendly
solution yet (IMHO), but most important would be to search ways to
integrate results assesment and analysis in the processing workflow...
Not a simple issue, but it would be a field to deepen, because many
times users "click here and there", something always comes out, but
most times it doesn't make sense :)

Let us know about your progresses.
Giovanni

PS: R has also interfaces for Postgis, shapefiles, or simply dbf
files... I don't understand what's the gain to import the datas into
Spatialite.