[Qgis-user] merge transparent raster?

custard custard at westnet.com.au
Mon May 30 21:07:03 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I've two 1-band rasters, one is a DEM, the other is a shaded relief of the DEM.

I know I can create the illusion of a coloured shaded DEM by colouring the DEM through a colour table, and placing the DEM above the relief in the TOC, and adjusting the transparency of the DEM.

I'm wondering, is there a way of merging these two files and retain the transparency of the DEM? [1,2]

-ramon.

1. Wanting just to beable to hand one raster over, rather than two rasters, and a pile of instructions.

2. Yes, I can use the save image as, but that's a big backward step interms of quality.