[Qgis-user] export as vector graphic

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue May 31 03:04:55 PDT 2011

> Oh, is this with the 'exportPDF' button (or pdfcreator). With
> 'exportPDF', it
> should be exported as vector, at least it does for me on Linux here.

 printing through gdi/pdfcreator results in a rasterized PDF. Printing
 through the exportPDF results in a very large PDF which cannot be loaded
 by Inkscape and also SumatraPDF. AdobeReader opens it, but it takes
 ages. I am not entirely sure if it is raster or vector. If I zoom in
 very closely it looks pixelized. It almost seems like a multilayered
 raster (each QGIS layer is a rasterized layer in the PDF).

 With Linux, all seems fine, either way. It stays as a vector with both
 ways to generate a PDF.

 Maybe some problem with the Windows qt version in user at the OSGeo
 distribution?

 Andreas

 --
 Andreas Neumann