[Qgis-user] Plugins broken!

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Mon Nov 7 15:00:49 PST 2011

Hi Daniel,
What operating system are you using?  Windows?
1. This conversation should help with the profile plugins:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Profile-Tool-td6745484.html

2. On Windows QGIS is still built with Python 2.5, but the latest
versions of the Saga python bindings are for Python 2.6 or 2.7
You may have success using a slightly old version:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/files/SAGA%20-%202.0/SAGA%202.0
.5/saga_2.0.5_bin_mswvc9.zip/download and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/files/SAGA%20-%202.0/SAGA%202.0
.5/saga_2.0.5_python25_mswvc.zip/download
To install the python bindings, open the zip, go into the subfolder
Python25\Lib\site-packages\, and extract its contents to
C:\osgeo4w\apps\Python25\Lib\site-packages (or similar).
I was able to run `import saga_api` at a Python prompt, so it seems the
Python bindings were working, but when I tried to turn the processing
framework panel on in QGIS I got some error about something not being a
grid.  I lost interest at about this point - not sure if the problem is
with the QGIS saga plugin or what.  Note that I only tried with QGIS
trunk.

Alister

> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:30:18 -0500
> From: Daniel Alejandro Pacheco <danny__alejo at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [Qgis-user] Plugins broken!
> To: <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>
> Hi, my name is Daniel Alejandro, I'm a ecuadorian university student
and I
> need help.
> Many times I tried to install a very essentials plugins for me.
> I really need the SAGA MODULE INTERFACE, PROFILE, PROFILE FROM LINE,
but
> always when I try to install them, appears a error message "THE PLUGIN
IS