[Qgis-user] OTB Module Interface

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Tue Nov 8 06:30:35 PST 2011

Hello Agus,

There is no Ubuntu packages ready for this yet.

otb-wrapping-python corresponds to another project with a completely
different approach to use OTB from Python,
but with no link to Qgis.

The future package will be called "python-otb", but there is some work
pending [1] on the gdal package to make it usable from Qgis.
It will need a new 1.8.1 GDAL package in ubuntugis.

So for the moment, on linux boxes, you only have the solution described
[2] (painfull, I know).

Regards,
Julien

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/ubuntugis/ticket/17