[Qgis-user] education resources

Eelke Folmer e.o.folmer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 00:12:29 PST 2011

Hi,
I am going to teach a two week basic GIS course (with QGIS and R) to
conservation ecologists/ornithologists in Nigeria. Skills that I expect
the students to learn are amongst others: mapping of habitat, organisms,
roads, rivers with GPS (and to get data into GIS), analyse DEMs &
rainfall raster data, make use of satellite imagery and do basic
analysis on basis of the combination of data obtained. Stuff like that.

I am looking for (free) resources that could help me to be as effective
as possible. I'd appriciate to hear about other people's experience;
find slides and texts for the students to read.

Thanks,
Eelke